The Midlands is the home of UK manufacturing.
Interplas takes place at the UK's premier exhibition venue, the NEC, Birmingham. Birmingham is located in the heart of the Midlands, a region that is synonymous with manufacturing and invention across a wide range of industries.
Many of the world's largest manufacturers are located in the Birmingham area including Jaguar Land Rover, JCB, Toyota, Bombardier, 3M, Boeing, Rolls Royce, Astra Zeneca, Caterpillar, Michelin and Alstom maintaining the regions reputation for productivity and innovation.
This manufacturing excellence combined with world class air, rail and road links makes the NEC the perfect home for Interplas.
09:30-17:00 Exhibition Hours
10:00-16:00 Conference Hours
Wednesday 27th September
09:30-17:00 Exhibition Hours
10:00-15:00 Conference Hours
Thursday 28th September
09:30-16:00 Exhibition Hours
10:00-15:00 Conference Hours
Under 16 access
No one under the age of 16 will be able to attend Interplas except in special circumstances and by prior arrangements with the organisers. Please report to the Organisers Office upon arrival so we can issue identification wristbands and discuss our lost child procedure with you.
Group admissions policy
Please note that groups of more than 5 individuals will have to pre-register their attendance. Failure to do so may result in admission being denied. Please contact the Organiser Operations team for details on how to register in advance.
• Only pre-registered show visitors who are badge holders, visitors who register on the day and exhibitor badge holders and speaker badge holders will be able to attend the show.
• Canvassing of exhibitors is strictly prohibited. Those found canvassing will be asked to leave the exhibition hall.
• Visitors should be involved in or have some connection or interest in the show and associated industries.
• Badge holders must not allow their badges to be worn by anyone else. Any failure is likely to lead to the badge holder and the person wearing the badge being removed from the show.
• Anyone obtaining a show visitor or exhibitor badge by theft, deception or other illegal means may be asked to leave the show.
• Anyone attending the show should carry some form of photo-ID (passport, photo-ID driving licence, national identity card) or other identification acceptable to the Organisers which the Organisers may ask to see.
• The Organisers reserve the right to exclude or remove anyone from the show and Venue who do not comply with this policy or who they reasonably consider are likely to break these rules or who are prohibited from attending under any applicable laws or regulations.
• Press badges at the show are restricted to publishers, editors, journalists, photographers, broadcasters and web bloggers associated with the show industry. Members of the press may be required to complete an application form and produce accreditation in the form of a photocopy of a recognised press or media card, business card, NUJ card, a letter from the editor or an official web address linking to a press release in order to verify their position. Press applications from advertising personnel and media sales representatives will not be accepted.
• Official show photographers will be taking photographs at the show. The Organisers shall be entitled to use such photographs, which may include photographs of particpants, for the purpose of marketing the Interplas brand.
• Official show videographers will be shooting videos at the show. The Organisers shall be entitled to use such videos, which may include background footage of or interviews with particpants, for the purpose of marketing the Interplas brand.
• Fees if applicable
- are correct at the time of purchasing and subject to change
- payment is required in advance of accessing any paid features as listed on the website
- for cancellation and substitution policy – please refer to full visitor terms and conditions
Covid-19 Safety and Security
The health and safety of our staff and attendees remains our number one priority. We are working closely with the NEC Birmingham, the Association of Event Organisers, and are closely following government guidance all to ensure a safe and positive experience for our attendees. We encourage guests to exercise social responsibility. If you show symptoms of COVID-19, please seek medical attention, and do not attend the event. Individuals displaying COVID-19 symptoms may be refused admission.
OFFICAL ACCOMMODATION PARTNER
Streamline Travel has been appointed 'official accommodation partner' for Interplas and can offer special rates.
For further information or to make a reservation please use the below contact information.
Quote Interplas to receive preferential rates on selected partner hotels.
Streamline Travel Reservations Team
Tel: +44 (0) 203 394 0107
Tel: +44 (0) 0845 129 7992
We look forward to welcoming you to the show.
Your health, safety and comfort have been, and continue to be, a top priority. Alongside our venue, the NEC, we are committed to delivering safe and secure events which support the recovery of the UK manufacturing industry.
We will operate under the prevailing guidance set by Public Health England and in line with the industry’s All Secure Standard. All Secure is a comprehensive set of guidelines for exhibitions and events developed by our industry association, the AEO (Association of Event Organisers) which has been approved by UK government.
For enhanced safety and peace of mind and in line with prevailing government guidance at the time of the event we reserve the right to add additional protective measures. Specifically, we may take the decision to verify the COVID status of all event attendees on arrival at the venue (to include visitors, exhibitors, contractors, venue and organiser staff).
The NEC, Birmingham, B40 1NT, United Kingdom
The NEC is clearly signposted on the M42, M40 and M6 with extensive parking facilities on site. In fact, it’s no more than a three-hour journey for 75% of the UK's population!
The closest airport is Birmingham Airport. From here you can take the free air-rail link to Birmingham International Railway Station located at the upper level of Terminal 1. The train runs every 2 minutes and only takes 90 seconds. When you arrive just head straight through to the NEC.
Depending on where you began your journey, you may be able to travel directly by train to the NEC by alighting at Birmingham International Railway Station. (If your starting station doesn’t provide a direct service to Birmingham International, you may need to change at Birmingham New Street first.) The entrance to the NEC is on the right hand side as you exit the station and is clearly signposted.
For more information about travelling to the NEC including details/offers for rail journeys, buses and other transportation, visit their website, thenec.co.uk.
If you require a visa to attend Interplas, it is essential that you begin the application process as soon as possible in order to obtain your visa in time.
Visa application procedures for entering many countries, and in particular the UK, have become stricter and more complex following terrorist activities, and therefore it can take much longer to process your application than in previous years.
You can find useful information here - https://www.gov.uk/apply-to-come-to-the-uk
Most business visitors will need a Standard Visitor Visa - https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
You must submit your own application to the relevant authority and follow up accordingly. Interplas, is unable to follow up your application on your behalf or enter into direct correspondence with consulates.
A Visa Support Letter will only be issued for speakers and exhibitors who have been invited by Interplas or who have paid their exhibition registration fee in full.
Once we have approved the abstract and confirmed a time slot for the proposed Speaker / confirmed receipt of payment from the proposed exhibitor we will need full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number and passport expiry date.
Only then can we issue a Visa Support Letter. The Visa Support Letter will confirm the event’s title, date and location. It will also confirm whether the individual is a speaker or exhibitor.
A Visa Support Letter does not imply any undertaking to provide funding nor act as a financial guarantee for your stay in the UK. Interplas reserves the right not to issue a Visa Support Letter in certain cases even if above conditions have been met. Exhibition Fees will not be refunded in the case of a Visa not being obtained.